Welcome to The Barn on The Bay!
We are a new wedding venue on a Northumbrian Coastal Farm that gives you complete control and flexibility to have Your Wedding, Your Way.
We launched The Barn on The Bay following the successful opening of our farm lodge, Calico Barn. It has a lovely warm, rustic feel and we used the barn back in 2012 for our own wedding reception so it is a special place for us. In 2017 we became a licensed wedding venue and we can now host weddings for couples looking for a rustic barn experience.
The Barn seats up to 200 guests for the ceremony and we are a totally flexible space, as long as the ‘legal bits’ are done at Calico Barn you can have your ceremony in a tipi, overlooking the beach, the options are huge!
At The Barn on The Bay it is all about you. We offer an event space, an on-site bar and a range of accommodation. You choose your suppliers (we have some great friends that we recommend) and how you want the space to work for you.
What makes us different from other venues?
- We give you access from Friday to Sunday
- We include accommodation for up to 18 guests in our beautiful Calico Barn at no extra cost
- A cosy shepherd’s hut is included for the Bride & Groom
- Plenty of free camping for your guests
- A paddock and field area for you to use as you wish
- Complete control over your suppliers, we don’t make you use ours (the only exception to this is bar hire – we provide all bar services)
- No corkage on drinks you bring (limits apply)
- Direct beach access – we are only a 1 minute walk from sandy Druridge Bay
- Your own exclusive dune area overlooking the beach for you to use as you wish (May-Sept only)
- Our own Alpacas can be booked to make an appearance and mingle with your guests
- An optional Glamping Village for those who don’t rough it!
- Simple pricing with no hidden costs
- Exclusivity – we host a limited number of weddings per year