The aim of our venue is to provide you with a blank canvas for you to decorate how you want, put up what you want, and bring whichever suppliers you want. Remember, it is Your Wedding, Your Way. You get exclusive hire of the venue from 1pm on Friday to 5pm on the Sunday.
Full Package (applies to all weddings from the end of May Bank Holiday to the end of October)
- Calico Barn Lodge (18 bunks in 5 bedrooms)
- Unlimited Camping
- Shepherd’s Hut (sleeps 2)
Optional Accommodation (additional cost)
- Glamping Village (usually by guests)
- Poppy Cottage (sleeps 4)
- Large Wedding Barn (seating 200)
- Straw bales around the ceremony space
- Straw Bales and Tables for eating with covers on bales (these can be replaced with proper tables and chairs at additional cost)
- Straw Bale sofas, throws and coffee tables in a chill out area
- Cake / Prosecco table made from a barn door
- Round cable reel tables and whiskey barrel poseur tables around bar area
- Photo Booth Area (props not supplied)
- Drapes & Bunting
- Table set up in Calico Barn next door for signing the register (guests can take photos of you on the veranda).
- Horsebox Bar or Tearoom
- Limited number of tables and chairs around bar
- Optional straw bales and fire pit in paddock
Beach Access, Glamping & Camping
- We are only a minutes walk onto the sands of Druridge Bay
- Beachside Camping is included in the package
- We can put up an optional glamping village for those who don’t want to rough it (this is usually paid for by guests who book direct with us)
- During the 6 week summer holidays there is a requirement to book a minimum of 6 glamping units as we close down the glamping site for weddings.
When you have your wedding here we don’t rush you in and out on a single day. Here you are hiring the venue for the full weekend with access from noon on Friday to start setting up for your big day on Saturday right through to Sunday afternoon.
We won’t rush you away the morning after your wedding, we want you enjoy the start to your married life with your friends, you can even have the Horsebox Bar towed to the beach for a Beer & Barbie afternoon to shake off the sore heads!
The paddock next to the barn is yours to do with what you want. Whether you request an additional bar, a chillout yurt or straw bales set around fire pits, or just set it up for lawn games, it’s up to you.
We’re a short hop over to the beach, in the summer the dunes are transformed, the cows vanish and it is a lovely peaceful green area overlooking the Bay.
Again, it’s up to you what you do with this area. You could put up an additional tipi as a party space and extend your ceremony.
Horsebox Bar & North Star Bar
The Wedding Barn houses a fully stocked bar called The North Star Bar. In addition to this we have a vintage horsebox converted into a bar that you can have outside.
The Horsebox can be set up as a prosecco bar, gin bar, champagne bar, cocktail bar, custom bar (for the special drink of your choice), tea & coffee, or afternoon teas & snacks.
We can also provide arrival drinks packages and table wines.
The bar can be a cash bar where guests pay for drinks as they buy them, a free bar (deposit paid and bill settled at end of night) or a mix of these. Cards are accepted.
You are welcome to bring your own table wine (to a maximum of ½ bottle per person) and toasting wine/champagne. We do not charge corkage on this but do not supply glasses, servers or washing up. If you require staff to serve and provide glasses there is a corkage charge of £5 per bottle where we will provide the glasses, staff to pour and remove glasses after the toasting.
Your own suppliers
Apart from the bar we allow you complete control over your suppliers. We don’t tell you who you can and can’t have, it’s your wedding! One thing we do suggest is having a wedding co-ordinator on the day, we know from our own experience that if you don’t have one things tend to slip. We can recommend a really good company, or you can appoint your own. If you don’t have a co-ordinator we will ask you to nominate one, or two people, from your wedding party that we can liaise with on the day so as not to bother you with small stuff.
Your caterers will need to be self sufficient with all of the equipment and gas that they require, but we can meet with them and help them work everything out. They will also need to supply all cutlery & crockery from us and staff to clear tables.
We don’t hide anything in our pricing and the cost is made clear from the start. We do not provide co-ordination, staff (except bar staff), venue dressing, decoration, food, music, or any structures other than that listed above and these must be booked with other suppliers
The cost for the package as set out above is £7000 for 2018 and £7500 for 2019
You can add on the following additional extras which are totally optional:
- Glamping Village, for guests who don’t like roughing it we can set up beautiful bell tents. We have a number of packages to suit different budgets, please see our additional information sheet about this. Glamping accommodation can be billed direct to the guest making the booking. Please note that for weddings during the 6 week summer holidays there is a requirement for guests to take a minimum of 6 glamping units as we have to close down the glamping business for weddings.
- Poppy Cottage – our 2 bedroom cosy cottage is ideal for the parents. Sleeping 4 it is just far enough away to be away from the noise but close enough to pop to for a cup of tea. The Cottage is ideal accommodation for the parents. It even has a hot tub available to hire. Prices depend on season but range from £400 – £800 for a weekly hire.
- Alpacas – a pair of our gorgeous alpacas can make an appearance for an hour to mingle with your guests and pose for selfies. You will also be invited to walk with the alpacas before your big day to get to know them and handle them like a pro on the photos. £295.
- Star Tent – we can supply 14m star tents as additional bars, or chillout tents. £750/tent.
- Fire Pit with wood supply and starter kit (additional cost of £50 including 4 bags of wood and a starter box)
- Tiki Torches can be attached to the fence beside the paddock (£10 per torch filled with oil)
Of course you can bring your own photographer but we also work with Northumberland Coast & Country Weddings who have put together a great package for our clients. You can see more info here.